Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Hot and Sticky, Still

Hello Readers:

Did I say the fair was this week? If so, I'm wrong. It's next week and we are taking the wagon out for the evening hours and closing early here in town. We hope that doesn't mess anyone up but it's the restaurant on the high way's turn to have later hours during the fair.

With all this heat and sticky weather Edna decided to sell hot soup. Ear read in some Seal training manual or something like that that hot drinks  will cool people off and that you should have cool stuff on cold days. That's supposed to warm a person up. I don't know but Edna's been walking the isles promoting the idea and people have been trying it. I might I might even try it, and Edna claims I'm what you call "a late adopter." OK, she thinks I'm slow.

Nothing else very exciting going on  in town except that the new barber is going to have a corner in the Dollar and Ten Store and he'll have his own entrance and bath room. He also plans to have his own proven label razors and shaving cream. Never had that in town before. Must be something they're teaching at barber college now.

About time for the early supper crowd so I better get my apron on and look busy. Happy you took the time to stop in.

Jenn

No comments: